Re: Python 3.4 and ensurepip (rehashed, long)

On Mar 26, 2014, at 09:24 AM, Donald Stufft wrote:

>In my half formed idea in my head the way it’d work is there’d be a
>vendor-packages directory where downstream can install things to, and a flag
>to the interpreter to remove the typical site-packages. So then you’d get
>something like:
>
>    python -I —no-site-packages -m something

There has to be a short option for --no-site-packages (or whatever) so that it
will work with shebang lines, where we already recommend -Es.  But also, -I
should imply this new option for full isolation.

Which means for Python 3.4 and beyond we should be recommending system
services and scripts add -I to the shebang line instead of -Es.  Then we'd get
this new /usr/local isolation switch for free.

-Barry