pybuild: python2,python3 and dh_installexamples

[CC me please]

Dear all,

  I am trying to build a python3 package from an existing package:
openslide-python.
  After following recommendations from:

https://wiki.debian.org/Python/LibraryStyleGuide

  Here is what I get:

http://packages.debian.org/sid/all/python3-openslide/filelist

clearly it is missing the examples files:

http://packages.debian.org/sid/all/python-openslide/filelist

  The rules file simply reads:

[...]
override_dh_installexamples:
  dh_installexamples -Xjquery.js examples/*
  dh_link usr/share/javascript/jquery/jquery.js
usr/share/doc/python-openslide/examples/deepzoom/static/jquery.js
[...]

  I understand that the dh_link line is incomplete, however I do not
understand why dh_installexamples did not work.

Thanks for comments,

Ref:
http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/debian-med/trunk/packages/openslide-python/trunk/debian/rules?view=markup