python-future: clean single-source support for Python 2/3

Hello,

Has anybody considered packaging python-future for Debian?

No, I am not talking about python-futures, python-concurrency.futures, or anything relating to #736523 (the first message in this bug had rather confused at first).

Rather I am talking about:

http://python-future.org/

"future is the missing compatibility layer between Python 2 and Python 3. It allows you to use a single, clean Python 3.x-compatible codebase to support both Python 2 and Python 3 with minimal overhead."

Unfortunately, Google now lists #736523 as the major search result, so I thought I would ask here to see if there is any interest.

Thanks
--
Brian May <brian@microcomaustralia.com.au>