Preparing for a major update of python-rdflib package

Hi.

I'm contacting you as maintainers of reverse dependencies of
python-rdflib. Maybe some python folks (CC-ed) will be interested too if
RDF echoes somehow to their ears ;-)

I'm basing this email on my system's testing telling me :
 $ apt-rdepends -r python-rdflib
 Reading package lists... Done
 Building dependency tree
 Reading state information... Done
 python-rdflib
   Reverse Depends: buxon (0.0.5-4)
   Reverse Depends: python-feedvalidator (0~svn1022-2)
   Reverse Depends: python-sparqlwrapper (1.4.1-2)
   Reverse Depends: swaml (0.1.1-2)
 buxon
 python-feedvalidator
 python-sparqlwrapper
   Reverse Depends: swaml (0.1.1-2)
 swaml

I've been working on updating the Debian package of the Python RDFLib
[0] in recent weeks, improving the work initiated by Christian M. Amsüss
(see ITA #702300). I've just uploaded an updated package to experimental
(pending review in the NEW queue [2]).

RDFLib 2.4.2 in Debian was really old and buggy for modern RDF
applications, so I hope the situation will be much better with a much
more recent version appearing in Debian (4.0.1-1), but I expect quite
some impact on your packages which still depend on the old version
(enjoy reading [3]).

I even think this may have a consequence on the presence of some of your
packages in Debian, which may become obsolete if they can't run with a
recent RDFLib :-/

Note that for python-sparqlwrapper, I've already tested a bit the
transition, as both packages are depending on each-other (and the
appearance of python3-rdflib will make python3-feedparser's transition
to testing happy ;)

I hope the python-rdflib / python3-rdflib packages will appear soon in
experimental, but in the meantime, they could be tested from rebuilding
from the package sources (see [1]).

Feel free to report and/or ask for more details.

Of course more help in improving RDFLib's packaging would be great, and
I'm sure Christian won't object, as the goal has been to try and do team
maintenance (even if the Git / SVN issue re. DPMT made it to appear in
collab-maint for the moment).

Looking forward to reading from your bugs,

Best regards,

Obergix

[0] http://packages.qa.debian.org/r/rdflib.html
[1] http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=collab-maint/rdflib.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/debian