Re: Fw: [Debian Wiki] Update of "Python/LibraryStyleGuide" by FedericoCeratto

On 12/28/2013 10:47 PM, Piotr Ożarowski wrote:
> [Thomas Goirand, 2013-12-28]
>> python3 depends on dh-python. As much as I can see, that's the only
>> package with a direct dependency on dh-python. Therefore, for Jessie, it
>> is perfectly valid to omit dh-python in build-depends, as long as your
>> package build-depends on python3.
>
> please don't do that, though. python3 depends on dh-python only because
> dh_python3 is now provided by dh-python. dh-python dependency will be
> removed from python3 at some point.

Ok, so I was right to say that the removed dh-python line from the wiki
was wrong then. Thanks for confirming this.

Also, pastedeploy is currently wrong and misses the dh-python
build-depends, which is what me think it was probably correct to omit it
if we had a python3 build-depends (since you worked out this package
Piotr, and I trusted your work). It turns out it's a problem in the
current package. May I correct the package and upload the fix?

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)