Re: Recommending get-orig-source for packages ?

* Olivier Berger <olivier.berger@telecom-sudparis.eu>, 2013-12-03, 17:06:
Piotr Ożarowski <piotr@debian.org> writes:

if there's working debian/watch file, there's no need to add get-orig-source (and to be honest, I prefer debian/rules without get-orig-source if debian/watch is available)

+1

What's your rationale, Piotr ?

I'd understand if there was something in debhelper/dh-python that would automatically handle debian/watch, but that's not the case, AFAICT... so, what harm is there to make things explicit

It "harms" everyone who reviews the package. It's impossible to write g-o-s target that is both policy-compliant and easy to understand. I don't want to waste time glaring at extra 10 lines of code only to realize it's a fancy wrapper over uscan.

--
Jakub Wilk