Team maintenance of git-buildpackage repo cloned from upstream's

Hi.

I think this may be a FAQ, but I haven't yet managed to find some hints
(or haven't had the ambition to re-read tons of ML archives yet). Sorry
in advance if I'm the 10th who asks.

Is there prior art of packages maintained by DPMT which use
git-buildpackage, in order to track upstream's repo (for instance adding
just a 'debian' debian-branch) ?

My impression is that until the team has chosen to add a Git repo to the
existing SVN (I guess Alioth allows multiple repos in same project now),
an option is to host such repos in collab-maint's Git repo... wich means
that only DDs could touch eat and not all members of DPMT, IIUC.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
--
Olivier BERGER