Re: How to run upstream test suite that uses ‘tox’?

Hi

I had a look at their tox.ini and IMHO you won't be able to reproduce that with plain setuptools alone. You'd have to see what the test is doing to see what I mean. They are testing multiple variants of the build as well (without and with native extensions). It might be possible to test everything in one swoop but you'd have to modify coverage to allow you to choose CTracer or PyTracer. I think it's best to keep talking to upstream developers to get them to converge on something that would be good enough to run.

Alternatively you can just test one variant and have something better than nothing.

Good luck.
ZK