Re: python3.3 status

On Friday, August 02, 2013 09:13:56 Scott Kitterman wrote:
> python3.3 is the default python3.  We're going straight to dropping
> python3.2 from supported python3 versions.  binNMUs were already done for
> morse- simulator,postgresql-9.1,yafaray,and znc after python3.3 became
> default.
These issues from the switch to 3.3 as default are fixed:
libguestfs  -  FTBFS  i386, Fixed
pytango - FTBFS on s390 -> fixed

Other changes done:
pycxx - Will need sourceful update after python3.3 is default

Here's the full binNMU list:

libsigrokdecode mod-wsgi python-kyotocabinet python-leveldb python-pylibacl
python-pyxattr  libtorrent-rasterbar pygobject uwsgi yp-svipc pyepr pystemmer
python-llfuse brltty pyepr pystemmer pandas pykde4 qscintilla2 mpi4py python-
numpy sip4 apparmor cracklib2 cython deltarpm gearman-interface hivex libfiu
libguestfs libkdtree++ lxml markupsafe newt psycopg2 py-postgresql py3cairo
pyfits pyicu pyopenssl pysubnettree  pytango python-apt python-bitarray python-
bsddb3 python-cffi python-crypto python-drizzle python-libdiscid python-regex
python-scipy pyyaml pyzmq urwid zope.interface morse-simulator dbus-python
pycuda pyopencl

In addtion, python3-stdlib-extensions and python-qt4 needed uploads anyway, so
that was done in lieu of a binNMU.

There were a couple of other packages that needed fixing (these are all
uploaded):

ibtorrent-rasterbar - binNMU failed, fix uploaded
bpython - NMU uploaded
uucp-lmtp - NMU based on patch in BTS uploaded
python-dvdvideo - NMU based on patch in BTS uploaded

Still waiting:

blender - Sent patch to build with 3.3 to BTS and maintainer is working on it

Once blender is uploaded, I think it's just a matter of waiting for things to
migrate and we can remove python3.2.

Scott K