Re: pybuild and not always preventing network connection in auto tests

On Dec 11, 2013, at 05:09 PM, Olivier Berger wrote:

>Do I need an unexport http_proxy AND an http_proxy='' dh_auto_test ?

No, all you need to do is unset http_proxy and https_proxy for the duration of
the test command.

>I'm not sure about the behaviour of GNU make wrt env variables, so maybe
>that'd be obvious...

You're just relying on the shell behavior that you can temporarily export a
variable's setting by prefixing the command with environment settings.

E.g.

% export FOO=yes
% printenv FOO
yes
% FOO= printenv FOO

% FOO=no printenv FOO
no

So all you should need to do in the above is:

override_dh_auto_test:
    http_proxy= https_proxy= dh_auto_test

Of course, that means if your test hits the network outside of localhost, you
may get local build successes where buildds without network access would still
fail.  Oh well, you'll find out soon enough. ;)

Cheers,
-Barry