Re: Recommending get-orig-source for packages ?

On Dec 03, 2013, at 04:42 PM, Olivier Berger wrote:

>I haven't spotted anything recommending a get-orig-source target in
>debian/rules in the team's docs.

>I guess most of the time, this could be derived from the debian/watch.

Right, because most of the time svn-buildpackage (which I'm guessing most team
members use) will just DTRT.

>Maybe using something like :
>https://wiki.debian.org/onlyjob/get-orig-source

But this might be a good page to link to from the team pages for folks who
need something more complicated.  It probably also makes sense to document
debian/watch for the typical PyPI package.

It's a wiki - go for it! :)

Cheers,
-Barry