Re: How to split off main executable from python3-foo to foo

Cześć,

[Zygmunt Krynicki, 2013-11-25]
> I'm writing to to you as the upstream for pybuild.
>
> I'm trying to use pybuild to split a simple upstream python3-only project
> into a number of smaller packages. I'm having problems trying to force the
> main executable to move away from the python3-foo library package into the
> foo "main" package. Is there any simple way of doing that?

if it's only about executables: consider not splitting it into smaller
packages at all (unless these packages will pull additional dependencies).
If that's not an option, you can simply `mv debian/python3-foo/usr/bin/foo
debian/foo/usr/bin` in debian/rules or use debian/foo.install
files instead of PYBUILD_NAME/PYBUILD_DESTDIR.

If it's about moving files to private directory, use¹ distutils'
--install-scripts=/usr/share/doo --install-dir=/usr/share/foo and add
(f.e. via debian/foo.links) /usr/bin/foo → /usr/share/foo/script symlink.

If I didn't guess right, you have to be more specific, or point us to
your initial work.

[¹] hint: PYBUILD_INSTALL_ARGS