uninstalling issue of a local Debian package

Dear Mentors, dear Debian Python Team,

I'm an astro-physicist working for the Virtual Observatory project at
the University of Heidelberg. Recently, I prepared a local package for
"wheezy" for the Python application "gavodachs", a piece of software
that helps users (mainly from the astronomical community) to run a
Virtual Observatory-compliant data center. The software requires to run
a PostgreSQL database server.

Currently, I'm testing the installing and uninstalling of my package. So
far, I've noticed one main issue for my package:

(a)
"sudo apt-get install python-gavodachs" installs the .py files to
/usr/share/pyshared/gavo/ , and installs .pyc files both to
/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/gavo/ and
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gavo/ .

Symlinks to /usr/share/pyshared/gavo/ are created in
/usr/lib/python2.x/dist-packages/gavo/ .

(b)
"sudo apt-get remove python-gavodachs" deletes
/usr/share/pyshared/gavo/ and /usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/gavo/ .
Under /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gavo/ all symlinks are removed
but the byte-compiled modules (.pyc) are still present.

If I do a "sudo apt-get install python-gavodachs" followed by a
"sudo apt-get remove python-gavodachs", there is the same situation as
described above. Additionally, warnings of the type

dpkg: warning: while removing python-gavodachs, directory
  '/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/gavo/<subdir>' not empty so not
  removed

are spitted out. What is the reason behind this issue?

You'll find the code in a git repository at
http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=debian-science/packages/gavodachs.git .

Best regards and thanks in advance for your help,
Florian