Re: dh-python in unstable

On 2 August 2013 14:15, Piotr Ożarowski <piotr@debian.org> wrote:
> dh-python is already in unstable \o/
>
> To build/install python3-foo or pypy-foo binary packages,
> you can use this in debian/rules:
>
>         %:
>                 dh $@ --with python2,python3,pypy --buildsystem=pybuild
>
> or if you don't want to play with .install files:
>
>         export PYBUILD_DESTDIR_python2=debian/python-foo/
>         export PYBUILD_DESTDIR_python2-dbg=debian/python-foo-dbg/
>         export PYBUILD_DESTDIR_python3=debian/python3-foo/
>         export PYBUILD_DESTDIR_python3-dbg=debian/python3-foo-dbg/
>         export PYBUILD_DESTDIR_pypy=debian/pypy-foo/
>
>         %:
>                 dh $@ --with python2,python3,pypy --buildsystem=pybuild
>
> See pybuild(1) and dh_pypy(1) for more info.
> Note that adding dh-python to Build-Depends enables multiarch support in dh_python2

There is package that needs sources to be processed with 2to3, before
doing the python3 build. So far I have failed to build the package
properly with pybuild.
I've tried setting PYBUILD_D_python3= to directory with processed
source files, but that resulted in python3 unit-tests still running
against "normal" python2 sources.
Setting PYBUILD_BEFORE_BUILD_python3 to process the sources in-tree,
resulted instead python2 unit-tests running against python3 code which
fails.
Is there an example of using pybuild with 2to3 style build?

Package is paste.

Regards,

Dmitrijs.