Re: Specifying ‘--install-data’ for each binary package

Hello,

Le 02/09/2013 09:32, Ben Finney a écrit :
> Those files are specifically declared in the ‘setup.py’ call via the
> ‘package_data’ option. To tell Distutils where those files go,
> <URL:http://docs.python.org/2/install/index.html#custom-installation>
> says the correct command-line option I should use is
> ‘--install-data=usr/share/${PACKAGE_NAME}’.

Are you sure?  package_data files are installed alongside the Python
modules; I think --data-files only controls the files declared as
data_files.

http://docs.python.org/2/distutils/setupscript#installing-package-data
vs.
http://docs.python.org/2/distutils/setupscript#installing-additional-files