Re: dh-python in unstable

[Yaroslav Halchenko, 2013-08-02]
> Do you think it would be feasible to have a backport of dh-python e.g. for
> wheezy with corresponding diverts avoiding conflicts here or indeed python3 (>=
> 3.2.3-3~) is required for some functionality (haven't looked inside)?

"3.2.3-3~" is generated by dh_python3 (all packages that need
byte-compilation get it), dh-python itself requires Python >= 3.2 (see
X-Python3-Version in debian/control).

One of the main reasons to create dh-python source package was to make
backports a lot easier. I tested dh-python on Wheezy, I even bacported
pypy and python3.3 to Wheezy to test it even better so bpo upload is
definitely on my TODO list.