Re: django-ajax-selects

On 30 July 2013 15:52, Scott Kitterman <debian@kitterman.com> wrote:
The package name is incorrect.  Per the python policy, the binary name should
be python-ajax-select.  That's the module name.

Really? I thought it was based on the package name. So I guess this means I got my other package, already uploaded to Debian, wrong: python-django-filter instead of python-django-filters :-(.

Oh wait, I see it now in the policy. I had to reread it several times.

"The binary package for module foo should preferably be named python-foo, if the module name allows, but this is not required if the binary package ships multiple modules. In the latter case the maintainer chooses the name of the module which represents the package the most."

However the word "preferably" suggests this is optional.
--
Brian May <brian@microcomaustralia.com.au>