Re: setuptools 0.7

On 22 May 2013 16:28, Barry Warsaw <barry@python.org> wrote:
I think we should consider switching back to setuptools once 0.7 is released
(defined as "available on PyPI), since this will clearly be the future of this
component.  We may have some fallout to deal with in other packages
(e.g. virtualenv) that depend on this, and clearly setuptools/distribute is a
central part of our stack.  But it seems like now is a good time to shake that
out for Jessie.

PyPI now has the re-merged setuptools at version 0.7.4 - are we still planning to package this as a new version of python-setuptools?

Thanks,
Thomas