Re: PyCon 2013 -- tentative title/abstract/outline -- feedback plz

On May 19, 2013, at 12:58 AM, Jakub Wilk wrote:

>* Barry Warsaw <barry@python.org>, 2012-09-28, 10:40:
>>we need to get tools like pyflakes ported to Python 3.
>
>pyflakes >= 0.6 supports Python 3. There's no Debian package built for Python
>3 yet, but that's something that can be kluged up:
>
>1) Install pyflakes_0.6.1-1~exp1 from experimental.
>2) Put the attached script somewhere in your $PATH.
>3) ...
>4) PROFIT!^W^WGrumble that it doesn't work out of the box, and that you need to resort to hacks like this instead.

I'm working on updating svn to 0.7.2 and adding Python 3 support.  I'll ask
for a review once I get something working locally.

Here's a question though, and it comes up again and again in different
contexts (e.g. nosetests).  I guess we should have a /usr/bin/pyflakes and
/usr/bin/pyflakes3, yeah?

-Barry