Re: Accepted python-defaults 2.7.3-5 (source all)

On Mon, May 06, 2013 at 10:15:42PM +0200, Sandro Tosi wrote:
> The lack of discussion, as mandated by TC.

The resolution refers to the "interpreter packages".  The python
metapackages were already under team maintenance at the time of this
resolution and were out of scope for the decision.  While it's obviously to
everyone's benefit to have clear communication around packages that impact a
large number of other packages, I don't think it's productive to use the TC
resolution as a stick for beating people, particularly wrt packages that
were not the subject of that resolution.

The metapackage maintainers can speak for themselves whether they consider
the upload to have been adequately agreed within the team.  Maintainers of
related packages who feel the upload wasn't suitably coordinated can
justifiably complain to the maintainers.  But accusing the one maintainer
who did the upload of violating the TC resolution smells like a witch hunt.

Unless this upload has materially impacted your packages due to a lack of
coordination - and I don't see how it could, given that this is an obvious
change to make, and can't possibly have interfered with other transitions
given that it comes at the beginning of the release cycle - I would suggest
moving on to more constructive topics.