Re: statsd + voluptuous packaged!

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 4:59 PM, Antoine Musso <hashar+wmf@free.fr> wrote:
> http://apt.wikimedia.org/wikimedia/pool/main/p/python-voluptuous/

Something that I've noticed after a quick look at python-voluptuous:

- Build-dependency on python-dev is not needed as you don't have
extension modules (you may want to build-depend on python-all
instead);
- There is a doctest, please consider running it during build [1];
- List of "goals" appears two times in package description;
- Indentation in debian/copyright looks ugly (and please use spaces,
not tabs) [2].

[1]: something like this:

override_dh_auto_test:
        set -ex; for python in $(shell pyversions -s); do \
                $$python -m doctest tests.rst; \
        done

[2]: oops, Jakub already noticed that in IRC :P

http://mentors.debian.net/

> - are my packages awfully wrong for inclusion in Debian.org, if so how
> can I enhance them :-]

See above.

> - can a package support both Ubuntu and Debian?

Of course, your package will be automatically synced into Ubuntu when
the archive opens.

> - how do I upload it for inclusion in debian/experimental or testing?

You'll have to find a sponsor.

--
Dmitry Shachnev