Re: [Python-apps-commits] r9456 - in packages/pyflakes/trunk/debian (7 files)

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 09:29:05PM +0100, Sandro Tosi wrote:
> > My understanding was that package has Debian Python Team set as
> > maintainer, such that improvements and co-maintainership is welcomed.
> and they are, but switching python helper or introducing a new package
> are huge changes enough to require a consultation with the people that
> are responsible for the package (the uploaders), which didn't happen.
I didn't see this documented anywhere, and "every member is encouraged to
do general QA work on all the packages: fix bugs, test packages, improve
them to use the latest python packaging tools, etc." (from
http://python-modules.alioth.debian.org/python-modules-policy.html )
sounds to me like an invitation to change officially deprecated helpers to
dh_python2. Anyway, I would like to see some more explicit guildelines
about what am I allowed to do without prior consent? Right now, after
seeing similar complaints in the past, I do not feel motivated to do any
work on other team packages.

> see above: team maintenance (even with team set to maintainer) doesn't
> mean you can do whatever changes you see fit for the moment (and them
> maybe disappear because you lost interest). small changes doesn't
> require any ack from my side; adding new bin packages or changing
> helper do.
I never saw any definitions of what changes are small. Explicit, you know,
is better than implicit.

--
WBR, wRAR