Re: [Openstack-devel] New upstream release of python-testtools

On 02/16/2013 06:09 AM, Robert Collins wrote:
> On 16 February 2013 01:52, Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org> wrote:
>> Hi Robert & Jelmer,
>>
>> I would like to upload a new upstream version of python-testtools. I
>> have worked out some changes in the packaging, which I have attached to
>> this message.
>>
>> Do you agree with such NMU?
>
> Yes, thank you.
>
>> Can I also upload this package in the python module team SVN repository,
>> instead of collab-maint BZR (since we agreed on it for python-fixtures,
>> probably you would like this to be done as well for this package)?
>
> Yes please.
>
> -Rob

Hi Robert!

Thanks for letting me do it. This really helps, because I needed this
dependency.

FYI, here's the full debian/changelog:

* New upstream release.
* Rewrote debian/copyright using parsable format 1.0.
* Now using source format 3.0 (quilt).
* Standard-Version is now 3.9.4.
* Compat and debhelper are now 9.
* Removes embedded version of jquery.js and underscore.js, and
recommends corresponding Debian packages.
* Sets the Debian Python Modules Team as new Maintainer:, switches the
VCS field to the SVN of the team, removed debian/bzr-builddeb.conf.
* Added minor changes in long and short descriptions (so that python 2
and 3 modules don't have the same descriptions).
* The watch file now uses tags from github.
* Cleans now does rm -rf build testtools.egg-info doc/_build.
* Added doc-base registration.

I've uploaded it to experimental, but I have yet to find the way to push
the files into the SVN. I roughly know how to use git svn (and
understand git svn rebase, git svn dcommit and the like), but despite my
searches, I couldn't find out yet how to push a new package.

Maybe someone from the python module team (like Didier or Piotr), who's
using git svn, will be able to give me the few commands that I missed?
That would be really nice and helpful.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)