Re: pyxs review

* Maykel Moya <mmoya@mmoya.org>, 2013-01-03, 22:08:
md5sum of .tar.gz from github differs from that of the .tar.gz generated by gbp.

It's something odd. The tar themselves have the same sums, it's the gzipping what introduces the difference.

The first byte differing between both .tar.gz is at offset 0x08[1], the archive from github have value 0x00, the one generated by gbp have value 0x02. Any suggestion?

(I have no idea how gbp works, so I won't comment on that.)

Anyway I provided a get-orig-source following recommendation from Policy 4.9. I hope it will be enough.

I wouldn't bother to do that if uscan does the right thing, but YMMV. Anyway, Policy says that it should leave the tarball in the current directory; your g-o-s doesn't do it correctly.

You might want also provide DEP-8 tests.
Current package doesn't include anyone. Could you give some example of any DEP-8 test worth including?

You can use this command to get list of package that currently implement DEP-8 tests:

wget -q http://http.debian.net/debian/dists/unstable/main/Contents-source.gz -O- | zgrep -m1 -E '^debian/tests/control\s'

(I hope this answers your question...)

I spotted some typos:
- debian/changelog: LGLP -> LGPL.
- debian/*.doc-base: "These manual" -> "This manual".

Last but not least: I've just added you to the team. Feel free to inject the package to the team's repository.

Unfortunately, I won't have time for further reviews of this package; hopefully someone else will come forward. Good luck! :)

--
Jakub Wilk