Re: Solving the multiarch triplet once and for all

On Dec 12, 2012, at 07:09 PM, Barry Warsaw wrote:

>Wouldn't it be nice if Python just told you what the values were?

Bugs and patches are now up on b.d.o:

2.7: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=695958
3.3: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=695959

This exposes the triplet as sys._architecture on Python 2.7 and
sys.implementation._architecture in Python 3.3.  Bilingual code should do
something like this:

>>> import sys
>>> getattr(sys, 'implementation', sys)._architecture

Matthias, assuming you agree with these additions, I will fix virtualenv to
use these values for experimental.  Then we can promote these on the Debian
wiki.

Cheers,
-Barry