Re: pythonX.Y maintenance team

On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 16:36, Stefano Zacchiroli <leader@debian.org> wrote:
> clarifying what the incompatibilities among the (potential) volunteers
> are.

>From my side, I don't think i'll have problems working with Barry, but
I honestly have to say we had few occasions to work together (that I
can remember, there was some interactions for his flufl.* packages,
but then he decided to go with another sponsor).

My only fear is (are you surprised?) that Barry is a Canonical
employee, and that usually means there are different priorities when
working for Debian over Ubuntu. I can't say it's a good or a bad sign,
but it's a red flag to me (to be investigated).

To give a (fresh) example and what I meant above, you can try to
answer this provocative question: Why Ubuntu has Python 2.7.3 since
more than 2 days (even before it was publicly announced) while Debian
is still stuck with a RC, FingTBFS on 4 archs version?

But on the bright side, is a really authoritative figure in the
CPython project, and it was always kinda nice talking with him.