Re: IPython Notebook & Python 3

On 03/20/2012 09:34 PM, Thomas Kluyver wrote:
> The attached patch takes a shot at packaging the IPython notebook for
> Python 3 (this was the impetus behind packaging python3-tornado
> recently). I'm not quite sure how the symlinks to jquery files in
> ipython3-notebook.links should work - at present, it's a
> straightforward copy of the ipython-notebook.links file.
>
> Thanks,
> Thomas

thanks for the effort, but I already did this myself after you patched
tornado [0].
Though I really do want to split out all the static stuff into a -common
package and reuse that for ipython-notebook and ipython3-notebook.
Currently it duplicates everything and makes lintian go crazy
(images-usr-lib etc).
A patch for that would be great :)

[0] It is only published in my daily build:
https://launchpad.net/~jtaylor/+archive/ipython-dev
the packages should be installable/rebuildable in sid.