Re: Solving the multiarch triplet once and for all

+++ Paul Wise [2012-12-19 01:24 +0800]:
> On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 12:29 AM, Dmitrijs Ledkovs wrote:
>
> > cross-compiling the archive / cross-bootstrapping the archive for a
> > new architecture.
>
> I suppose cross-compiling will be useful but I didn't think python was
> part of the build-essential set that must be cross-compilable, is that
> actually the case?

It's not just build-essential that has to be cross-compilable. It's
everything you need to build the packages in a debootstrappable (inc
build-essential) image.

That's actually at least 254 packages. And a quite a lot of those need
perl or python to be multiarch aware in order to build.

The set could probably be trimmed down further by adding more
DEB_BUILD_PROFILE info to make reduced builds, but there is approx no
chance of getting rid of python IMHO.

The (current best guess) at the list is on
http://wiki.debian.org/Arm64Port (that's actually derived from Quantal
- unstable does not really have enough multiarch info in packages to
get any useful answers currently)

Wookey
http://wookware.org/