Re: How to prevent debhelper using Python 2

On 14 November 2012 19:11, Jakub Wilk <jwilk@debian.org> wrote:
> * Barry Warsaw <barry@python.org>, 2012-11-14, 13:17:

>>> s/annoying .*/still an RC bug/.
>>
>> Specifically, which RC bug?
>

> I meant that package failing to build in a non-minimal environment (which
> was the case here, if I understood correctly) is an RC bug.
>
> Sorry for not being clean.

Yes, a typical case of FTBFS on a BDFH (fails to build from source on
a build daemon from hell) of a wider set of FTBFS in a sane way bugs.

A BDFH is a term coined by Lucas, which means a build daemon with a
many -dev packages installed as possible, especially the license toxic
(e.g. openssl). Because many packages have "autodetection" of
libraries which are not explicitly enabled/disabled and hence produce
different builds in "dirty" environments. There was a full archive
rebuild done in the past, see [1]

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2008/01/msg00869.html

Regards,

Dmitrijs.