Re: Xpra to publicly expose its modules

On Wed, 19 Sep 2012 01:23:39 أحمد المحمودي wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 06:27:21PM +1000, Dmitry Smirnov wrote:
> > Although Xpra is mainly an application its modules can be used by
> > frontends like "winswitch", packaged by yours truly. In particular
> > winswitch have an ugly workaround [1] to find private Xpra modules. This
> > is something upstream already complained to me about.
>
> ---end quoted text---
>
>   Ok, but in that case, should the package be renamed to python-xpra
>   since the python modules will be public ? Or can the package still
>   keep the name 'xpra' ?

That should be fine but please don't take my words as granted. :)

At the moment I can't recall a good example but there are some exceptions like
when package in mainly used as application.

Proves nothing but worth noticing that Ruby packaging team has the following
naming guideline:

    If the package is mainly used as an application (not as a library),
    then it can be named "foo".

But IMHO that's common sense.

Regards,
Dmitry.