Re: pyxdg 0.23

On Jul 30, 2012, at 07:36 PM, Thomas Kluyver wrote:

>The attached diff updates pyxdg with a new upstream version, which
>includes Python 3 support (bug #591017).

Thanks for doing this port Thomas.  I ported 0.20 in Ubuntu 12.10 to Python 3,
and I've been meaning to post my changes to Debian, but I just haven't had the
time.  Summer, work load, and Python 3.3's imminent release have conspired
against me.  I'd love to resync Ubuntu's version with Debian's once the Python
3 support lands.

A couple of quick comments, on top of what you already did.

- I bumped d/compat to 9 and BD on debhelper >= 9
- I had to update gettext-support.patch (but maybe that's an Ubuntu-ism)
- I also updated d/watch, but I think I used your p.f.o/~takluyver url.  I'm
  glad you changed it to use the PyPI url instead.
- In the d/control python-xdg and python3-xdg stanzas, I added the appropriate
  "Python 2" or "Python 3" text in the first line of Description:

Other than that, your changes look pretty close to what I did in Ubuntu, and
it seems to be working so far.

Cheers,
-Barry