Re: RFS: python-whisper (0.9.10)

* Jonas Genannt <jonas.genannt@capi2name.de>, 2012-06-02, 20:09:
In whisper.py, "#!/usr/bin/env python" has been moved to last line of the file. This is very odd. Is that intentional?
since whisper.py is only an library it should not hurt us.

Agreed. I only wanted you to ask upstream about the issue. Patching is specially for Debian would be overkill.

"rename" is provided by perl, so you should build-depend on it. (perl happens to be transitively build-essential, since dpkg-dev depends on it. But you shouldn't rely on that.) I would also tighten the regex by adding a $ at the end of it.
thanks, added the build dependency of perl. I think I don't need the $ at the regex, because I selected only *.py on the filepath.

But if ".py" existed both in the middle of filename and at the end of it, the wrong one would be stripped. But fair enough, it's unlikely to ever happen.

In whisper-dump, lines 27 and 36, we have:

	raise CorruptWhisperFile("...")

But no such exception is defined or imported. Perhaps it was meant to be whisper.CorruptWhisperFile? But whisper.CorruptWhisperFile constructor takes two arguments, not one.

--
Jakub Wilk