Re: RFS: python-notify2

On 19 May 2012 19:00, Thomas Kluyver <thomas@kluyver.me.uk> wrote:
> So the
> most important thing for the tests is to check my interpretation of
> the notifications spec against an established implementation. That's
> simple enough for local testing (I just see a series of
> notifications), but doing it on a headless server was more tricky. In
> any case, it works now, even if it means 300 lines of code has 50MB of
> build-dependencies. ;-)

Except it didn't work: I've just noticed that I've got a FTBFS bug, as
it couldn't connect to the dbus server. It looks like this is the
critical part:

Setting up dbus (1.5.12-1) ...
All runlevel operations denied by policy
invoke-rc.d: policy-rc.d denied execution of start.

Should I try to launch the dbus server for my tests (like I'm already
launching the notification daemon), or just disable all the tests
which require a running dbus server (which is all of them, at
present)?

Thanks,
Thomas