Re: Doubt about developing plugins for python applications

[BRAGA, Bruno, 2012-04-25]
> When compiling/building the source with setup.py, I encountered the problem
> that separating the plugin as an independent solution:
>
> program/
>     |---- setup.py
>     |---- plugins/
>     |         |
>     |         |--pluginA/
>     |         |

> the setup.py fails (obviously) because it does not find the
> packages/modules from programlib, which are only available to the main
> application source.

does setup.py really need to import programlib? If yes, then invoke it
with PYTHONPATH=/usr/share/program/

[...]
> b) add current installation to python path (eg. /usr/share/program) so the
> plugin can import the programlib packages/modules.

plugins import programlib at runtime only, riht? Startup script is
adding . to the sys.path automaticall so plugins should see programlib,
no?