public python package that maybe should be privite.

Newbe type question.

My upstream python program also has a python package that it uses. It is now
setup to be a public package.

But maybe it should be made private.

It could, in theory, be used by another program but;
It has almost no documentation or comments including the special python
comments that turn into documentation. Anyone wishing to use this package
would have to study the source code.

Should I drop a bug on the upstream and turn this into an undocumented public
debian package?

If so, is there any special trick to separate the files that go with the new
package?

Or should I drop a bug on the upstream and turn it into a private python
package, installed in a non public place?

If I should do this, what is the standard, established, way of altering the
various python  path type variables so that import still finds this moved
package?

--
Paul Elliott                               1(512)837-1096
pelliott@BlackPatchPanel.com               PMB 181, 11900 Metric Blvd Suite J