Re: pythonX.Y maintenance team

* Stefano Zacchiroli <leader@debian.org>, 2012-04-12, 11:25:
Allow me be blunt then: do we have volunteers to maintain the pythonX.Y packages? Can those volunteers manifest themselves on this list?

So, ~10 days later this call, we've two volunteers: Sandro and Barry. If no one else show up, I'll relay the information to the tech-ctte bug log mentioning that, if they want to have an explicit team in their ballot, the two of them volunteered.

Anyone else?

I hereby volunteer to take over maintainership of pythonX.Y packages. However, if I were to maintain them, I would do this myself, without any co-maintainers. (At least formally and initially: I'm certainly going to ask you for help with certain boring^W tasks. And I don't vow to never seek co-maintainers in the future.)

That said, I don't believe that forcibly changing the maintainer of Python interpreter packages is the correct course of action. I'm not personally happy with the way they are maintainer, but it's not nearly as bad as to justify such action.

--
Jakub Wilk