Re: RFS: python3-dateutil

* Thomas Kluyver <thomas@kluyver.me.uk>, 2012-03-25, 00:38:
Apart from the fact the license and copyright status of the file is not documented in debian/copyright, there's another problem: the tarball appears to be a collection of binary blobs, for which we have no source.

I'm afraid that you'll have to either ask upstream to include the actual source for zoneinfo or repack the source.

I know Debian is stringent about these things, but is this really necessary?

I believe so.

We're not even using the file, and upstream says where the files are from (see http://labix.org/python-dateutil#head-7b64fa6ed6e02b68e9cb7c3d42d6fb7b4cb133e9). The Python 2 version has already been accepted in Debian with an equivalent (slightly older) file.

Well, ftp-masters aren't infallible. I've just filed RC bug against
python-dateutils: http://bugs.debian.org/665894

I wonder if bug #597098 should be merged with your ITP.

--
Jakub Wilk