Re: RFS: python3-dateutil

Hi Thomas,

I'm not a DD, therefore I cannot sponsor your package, here is my review nonetheless.

Le 24/03/2012 03:39, Thomas Kluyver a écrit :
> Hi all,
>[…]
>
> Package name    : python3-dateutil
> Version         : 2.0-2
> Upstream Author : Gustavo Niemeyer <gustavo@niemeyer.net>
> URL             : http://labix.org/python-dateutil
> License         : BSD
> Section         : python
>

> Injected it into the DPMT SVN repository:
>   http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/python-modules/packages/python3-dateutil/
>
> And built binary packages in a PPA that can be installed for testing:
>   https://launchpad.net/~takluyver/+archive/python3

    debian/changelog:
you should leave the upload at 2.0-1 because your changelog entry never made it
into unstable as a package. Your sponsor would need to build with -sa etc. (to
force source inclusion).
Everyone might not agree with that though (a DD could confirm or not).

    debian/watch
The watch file isn't working, I guess you should use this instead, please
control it, I'm not aware of upstream policy concerning their release:
    http://labix.org/python-dateutil /download/python-dateutil/python-dateutil-(.+)\.tar\.gz
Test your watch file using uscan command, for ex: “uscan --report --verbose”

    debian/control
* If you plan to maintain the module in Debian Python Module Team then update the
Vcs-* fields.
* X-Python3-Version is optional but it's more pythonic to mention it (explicit vs. implicit).

    debian/copyright
Lintian complains: unversioned-copyright-format-uri http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep5
You should update the Format field to:
Format: http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/copyright-format/1.0/

   debian/rules
Lintian complains: no-upstream-changelog
You don't install any of upstream documentations. Why?
You could add a debian/python3-dateutil.docs file containing NEWS and README to
have these files installed in /usr/share/doc/python3-dateutil.
Refer to dh_installdocs(1) for further informations.
Same for example.py that you could ship with the package using
dh_installexamples if it's relevant for users to have this file (I haven't
checked myself).

Cheers,
	Geoff