Re: IPython Notebook & Python 3

On 20 March 2012 20:58, Julian Taylor <jtaylor.debian@googlemail.com> wrote:
> thanks for the effort, but I already did this myself after you patched
> tornado [0].

Excellent, thanks. Are you pursuing getting that change into Debian? I
noticed today that python3-tornado has worked through to Ubuntu
Precise.

> Though I really do want to split out all the static stuff into a -common
> package and reuse that for ipython-notebook and ipython3-notebook.
> Currently it duplicates everything and makes lintian go crazy
> (images-usr-lib etc).
> A patch for that would be great :)

Are we now talking about the JS/CSS etc. for the IPython notebook
itself, rather than the jquery files (which are already symlinked)?
Would the -notebook packages then symlink the relevant files into
their own directory structures?

For anyone else following this, Julian's changes to package
ipython3-notebook are here:
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~jtaylor/ipython/debian-daily/revision/9

Thanks,
Thomas