Re: Introduction

2011/10/12 Tanguy Ortolo <tanguy+debian@ortolo.eu>:
> Jeremy Bicha, 2011-10-12 10:48 UTC-0400:
>> itstool is not Python. Perhaps itstool could be part of the Debian
>> GNOME team as the upstream developer (Shaun) is a GNOME developer and
>> I think it's so far only used by GNOME-ish apps.
>
> For now, it is only used by one package of mine, in fact. :-)
> But that may change and it is a generic tool that could be used by
> people outside of GNOME.
>
> But although it is not part of Python, it is written in Python and I
> think this is the point of PAPT, am I mistaking?

itstool is also a dependency of yelp-tools which is a dependency of
gnome-user-docs. While there's nothing preventing it to be used by any
app, I think that it will be picked up by GNOME faster.

The only Python script I found in itstool was one to run the testcases
(which also include po and pot files); everything else is XML. Anyway,
I'm definitely not very active with Debian Python so it's not my place
to say whether it should or should not be in PAPT.

Jeremy Bicha