Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] inotifyx version 0.2.0
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 10:13:58 -0400
From: Forest Bond <forest@alittletooquiet.net>
To: Ritesh Raj Sarraf <rrs@researchut.com>

Hi Ritesh,

Looks like this is generated in pydoc.py from the standard library:

  def getdocloc(self, object):
      """Return the location of module docs or None"""

      try:
          file = inspect.getabsfile(object)
      except TypeError:
          file = '(built-in)'

      docloc = os.environ.get("PYTHONDOCS",
                              "http://docs.python.org/library")
      docdir = '/usr/share/doc/python%s/html/library' % sys.version[:3]
      if not os.environ.has_key("PYTHONDOCS") and os.path.isdir(docdir):
          docloc = docdir
      basedir = os.path.join(sys.exec_prefix, "lib",
                             "python"+sys.version[0:3])
      if (isinstance(object, type(os)) and
          (object.__name__ in ('errno', 'exceptions', 'gc', 'imp',
                               'marshal', 'posix', 'signal', 'sys',
                               'thread', 'zipimport') or
           (file.startswith(basedir) and
            not file.startswith(os.path.join(basedir, 'site-packages'))))):
          if docloc.startswith("http://"):
              docloc = "%s/%s" % (docloc.rstrip("/"), object.__name__)
          else:
              docloc = os.path.join(docloc, object.__name__ + ".html")
      else:
          docloc = None
      return docloc

I don't see it because I have inotifyx installed in my home directory at the
moment and that affects the return value of this function.

I think this is a bug in Debian's Python package.  That function checks for the
"site-packages" directory, but it should also check for the "dist-packages"
directory since that's what Debian uses.

What do you think?

Thanks,
Forest
--