Re: list of package for python_support -> dh_python2 ?

* Piotr Ożarowski <piotr@debian.org>, 2011-06-21, 23:11:
The next step would be to file deprecation bugs, but I'd wait with that till 2.6 removal from python-all's Depends.
Can you explain why?

I promised Jakub to do arch:all uploads required during each transition
and... I'm lazy (although after scripting it a bit, it didn't require
that much work after all ;-)...

and more seriously: I want to avoid complains about NMUs (although I
received only one after last round) and uploads that only remove 2.6
symlinks

I don't see any point in rebuilding arch:all packages to remove 2.6 symlinks. That'd be reducing their functionality and making partial upgrades harder with very little benefit (it's not like these symlinks take megabytes of disk space...).

On the contrary, I'd like to see dh_python2 to continue to create 2.6 symlinks as long as 2.6 is a supported version in the stable release (i.e. util wheezy is released).

--
Jakub Wilk