Re: Help with my Debian package for Orange

On Jul 01, 2011, at 01:00 AM, Mitar wrote:

>I will not yet use "dh" as it looks too magical for me for now. I
>would like to understand what is happening. And first have a working
>package. Then I can play with cleaning it up. Or would it be easier to
>just let dh do everything? I doubt it can be magical enough.

Personally, I find dh preferable, even with the magical aspects.  You can
always set DH_VERBOSE=1 to get decent output about exactly what it's doing.  I
think dh and dh_python2 make a great way to very easily package up most Python
libraries.  I have some recommendations to add for extension modules coming
soon to the dh_python2 transition wiki page.

-Barry