Re: Upstream looks for a proper way to build the packages by itself

Hi,

On 05/31/2011 01:59 PM, Andriy Senkovych wrote:
> 1) get debian package sources (I use git-buildpackage) from one of the
> repositories[4,5]
> 2) get the new tarball. this is done in two steps:
>   a) get a slightly modified debian/watch file which points to the
> right place where we uploaded the tarballs
>   b) use uscan along with downloaded watch file to get new version
> 3) run git-import-orig to get new sources into the git working
> directory (we'll get a new version taken from a tarball name which
> will appear in all other places in the package)
> 4) update changelog with git-dch
> 5) build the package with git-buildpackage
> 6) upload the package(currently just upload, will possibly use
> reprepro and dupload)
>
> This approach is tested and may be observed on my test site [6]. It
> allows me to test package building during the same CI process as
> development because package will be rebuilt on both upstream VCS
> update and debian package source VCS update. However I'm not the first
> one willing to perform this so maybe there is a better way to organize
> this.

I'd do it as you've described it above - maybe run it trough cowbuilkder
with git-buildpackage.

> Also I'm looking for a scalable in sense of Linux distributions
> (or even Windows in future) and I'm not sure how to scale current
> approach. It appears I would need a separate repository for every
> distro which is not very great I believe.

One branch with the proper debian/gbp.conf should be enough, I think.
Just make sure you build with a chroot according to the diustro you want
to build for using cowbuilder/pbuilder/sbuil/whatyoulike.

 GPG Fingerprints: ECA1 E3F2 8E11 2432 D485 DD95 EB36 171A 6FF9 435F