Re: Python Policy Updates

Hi Scott (2011.03.24_15:45:36_+0200)
> I think once we get to pyhton2.7 as the only supported python, it
> won't matter.

As long as we handle rebuilds after every transition, it already
shouldn't matter (in Python 2 and 3). With dh_python2 we have the same
rebuild requirements, but don't suggest ${python:Provides}, I don't see
any reason to use this for extensions but not dh_python2 public modules.

> I agree that ${python:Provides} is problematic, so we should consider how we
> will approach this problem in Python 3 (I don't know if we can/should handle
> it differently).

And then there's PEP-384, which may negate this entirely in Python3 for
some packages...

SR

--
Stefano Rivera