Proposal for a Python-related GSoC project

[please CC me, as I'm not subscribed]

Hi all,
as you probably have known, also this year Debian has been selected as a
mentoring organisation for Google Summer of Code.
Now is the right time to propose projects and apply as mentors, so we can
catch the best students ;)
During a brainstorming about possible project, Lars Wirzenius has proposed a
Python one, so here I am.
Let me quote directly his proposal:

< liw> how about something like dh-make-perl but for python's pypi?
i.e., take a package from pypi (the python package inventory) and
make a rudimentary debian package out of it, automatically?

I'm a totally noob on Python, so I'll let you all technical considerations:
but please consider that it could be very interesting to have one or more
student working on a project, it can be useful too (if you have projects
undeployed but needed), and mentoring people could give great satisfactions.

So, if you have other ideas, feel free to share them!

Cheers,
Francesca

ps: to have some more infos about Debian participation on GSoC, take a look at
http://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2011
--
<taffit> eof: when I want something | "Convince people with results,
done quickly, I don't wait for      |  rather than words"