Re: Switching to git

OoO  En ce début  d'après-midi nuageux  du dimanche  06 mars  2011, vers
14:48, Sandro Tosi <morph@debian.org> disait :

>> There  was some discussions  about switching  from SVN  to git.  I don't
>> remember everything but  a major blocker was that it  is not possible to
>> checkout a subtree with git and  managing a lot of git repositories will
>> make it difficult to do global changes to the "global" repository.

> It was also about the possibility to perform a changes on all the
> packages with a single commit, and not go in every repo, do the
> change, commit.

>> There is currently a discussion in debian-devel about how to switch from
>> SVN to git and they seem to use "mr".

> mr is a really powerful tool to manage (m)ultiple (r)epositories.

>> See:
>>  http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/OCamlTaskForce/GitMigration
>>  http://wiki.debian.org/Games/VCS

> And they indeed came up with several repositories, one for each package.

Do  you think  this is  an acceptable  solution? Commit  can be  done on
several  repositories with  one command.  This  is not  really a  single
commit, but maybe close enough. Maybe this was already discussed.
--
I WAS NOT TOLD TO DO THIS
I WAS NOT TOLD TO DO THIS