Re: sphinx and intersphinx doc generation.

Le Mon, 14 Feb 2011 16:48:40 +0100,
Jakub Wilk <jwilk@debian.org> a écrit :

> * Picca Frédéric-Emmanuel <frederic-emmanuel.picca@synchrotron-soleil.Fr>, 2011-02-14, 14:55:
> >MainThread     INFO     2011-02-14 12:54:51,927 root: Generating grammar tables from /usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/sphinx/pycode/Grammar.txt
> >MainThread     INFO     2011-02-14 12:54:52,013 root: Writing grammar tables to /usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/sphinx/pycode/Grammar2.6.6.final.0.pickle
> >MainThread     INFO     2011-02-14 12:54:52,014 root: Writing failed:[Errno 13] Permission denied: '/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/sphinx/pycode/Grammar2.6.6.final.0.pickle'
>
> This looks like a bug in python-sphinx.

I will fill a bug agains python-sphinx

> >WARNING: intersphinx inventory 'http://www.tango-controls.org/static/PyTango/latest/doc/html/objects.inv' not readable due to <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>: unknown or unsupported inventory version
> >WARNING: intersphinx inventory 'http://docs.python.org/dev/objects.inv' not readable due to <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>: unknown or unsupported inventory version
> >WARNING: intersphinx inventory 'http://docs.scipy.org/doc/scipy/reference/objects.inv' not readable due to <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>: unknown or unsupported inventory version
> >WARNING: intersphinx inventory 'http://docs.scipy.org/doc/numpy/objects.inv' not readable due to <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>: unknown or unsupported inventory version
>
> File format of objects.inv has changed recently. Sphinx 0.6.6 cannot
> handle the new version.

ok we just have to wait until the 1.0.7 of experimental reach unstable.

> >I can patch the documentation to point to the right location for a
> >local installation but, then I need to find the right location for all
> >the related packages.
> >pytango (I am workin on it also)
> >the python doc, scipt and numpy.
> >
> >Is there a policy which says, ok for the sphinx documentation we need
> >to create a python-<module>-doc package and make it depends on the
> >other right python-<xxx>-doc.
>
> No, there is no such policy.
>
> Also, please keep in mind that Debian Policy 12.3 disallows relying on
> existence on any files in /usr/share/doc/. (Sadly, that means that
> objects.inv that are shipped by various -doc packages are not as useful
> as they could be.)

so peoples generating javadoc documentation should have the same problem.
How did they solve it ?
When I read the java policy [1]

The API must be placed in a separate doc package. This package must recommend the doc packages it was linked against.

So it seems that they rely on the existence of files under usr/share/doc/

something must be fixed.
Should I report a bug against the java policy ?

See you

Frederic

[1] http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/java-policy/x104.html

--
GPG public key   1024D/A59B1171 2009-08-11
    fingerprint = 1688 A3D6 F0BD E4DF 2E6B  06AA B6A9 BA6A A59B 1171