Packaging pypy

Hello Ubuntu/Debian Pythoneers,

Maciej (CCd) contacted me last week to figure how to get pypy
officially onto Ubuntu. Being the newbie Debian/Ubuntu developer that
I am, I have no idea either, so I contacted the internal company
mailing list, that finally guided me towards this forum as the right
place to get it packaged "onto Ubuntu". I'm sure there are a lot of
details to smooth things out in that integration, but it feels like a
superb opportunity that we have Maciej (a pypy upstream) interested in
getting things integrated.

There's already a pypy PPA in Launchpad being maintained, that may
serve as good way to bootstrap the work:

   https://launchpad.net/~pypy/+archive/ppa

Would someone here be able to give a hand to Maciej on pushing that
integration forward?

I'm not sure how much I can help, but I'd be woohaying at the side of
the field at least.

--
Gustavo Niemeyer
http://niemeyer.net