Re: ImportError: No module named multiarray (is back)

Hi,

Le 22/11/2011 20:59, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek a écrit :
> On 11/22/2011 04:38 PM, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
>> [CC me please]
>> [...]
> This is a very unfortunate interaction between Python semantics (prepend
> realpath of script to sys.path) and the Debian way of installing modules
> (symlink farm between Python versions). Nevertheless, I think that
> Python is wrong, and Debian is right. What Python does means that it is
> not possible to run a Python script from /tmp or any other directory
> writeable by other users securely. Even if this is by design, it is not
> advertised well (or maybe even at all?) and is thus a big security hole.

Could you request a doc edition on bugs.python.org?  Thanks.  You’ll
likely get feedback from Nick Coghlan, one of the core developers most
knowledgeable about the import system.

> You can wait for Python 3.2 and the PEP 3149 (ABI version tagged .so
> files) which makes the Debian-style symlinks farms unnecessary (just
> joking :).

Are you really joking?  I thought that PEP 3147 and PEP 3149 were
especially designed to help Debian and Ubuntu get rid of their symlinks
farms.

Regards